Generator Shutdown Procedure
Stopping the generator during a utility power outage – Only if required
- Turn the generator main circuit breaker OFF
- Allow the generator to run for 1 minute without load to cool down
- Turn the Auto/Off/Manual switch to the OFF position
- Check the oil level and add if needed.
If the oil level is low, make sure you are using the manufacturer’s recommended oil specification. We suggest keeping 2 quarts on hand in case you need it.
Re-starting the generator
- Turn the Auto/Off/Manual switch back to the Auto After a brief delay the generator will start if the utility power is still not present
- Allow the generator to warm up for 1 minute
- Turn the generator main breaker back on. Once the utility power is restored the generator will automatically turn itself off.
Call us at 877-421-0203 if you need assistance or experience any issues. We offer 24/7 Emergency Assistance.