Generac Protector QS Series 48kw Generator (Aluminum) 1800rpm – (Single/3 Phase)
Request a Local Install Quote! Call 1-877-421-0203 to Order Generator Only
Out of stock
This new 48kW is the beginning of the liquid-cooled lineup getting a complete revamp. Generac is one of the only manufacturers to design & produce a complete generator, which includes our own engine, alternator, fuel system, controller and enclosure in the U.S.
- True Power Electrical Technology
- Evolution Controller
- External viewing window for easy indication of generator status and breaker position
- Sound Attenuated Aluminum Enclosure
- For a California and Massachusetts compliant model, review model RG4854 (catalyst-equipped) until the new RG4845 with a catalyst is available in Q1 of 2020
- Smart Battery Charger
- Natural Gas or Propane
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
- $500.00 Flat Rate Shipping
- Different dimensions: Unit is 6” longer so there is a new GenPad and the stub-ups have changed. Please confirm concrete pad dimensions. Only use new install drawings within the new spec sheet.
- Fuel inlet is upgraded to 1 ¼” NPT female tee
- New RG04845 must be installed with 3 feet standoff per NFPA37. Certification to allow 18” standoff is in process and expected by Jan 1, 2020.
- Until certification, a large pink call-out will be placed on a physical product that must be installed with 3-foot standoff & you will be notified, when ordering, of this requirement
- Transition: Please refer to the transition report posted on your portal. Single-phase units are slated to transition in about 2 weeks. Lead times will not change during the transition.
Generac Protector 48kW Automatic backup for large or custom homes. Looking to back up your entire home, or more items than usual? Consider the Protector Series 48kW gaseous automatic backup generator. This unit powers essential appliances and modern technologies during power outages, perfect to continue living comfortably and without interruption.
True Power Technology – Delivers best-in-class power quality with less than 5% total harmonic distortion (THD) for clean, smooth operation of sensitive electronics and appliances.
Evolution Controller – A cutting-edge, intuitive control. The Evolution controller features a multilingual, two-line LCD text display with color-coded, backlit buttons. It has received upgrades, including USB flash capability, smart battery charging, voltage adjustment, and backlit membrane pad style buttons.
5-Year Limited Warranty with Extended Warranty Option – Generac is proud of their innovative product design, high quality, and first-class reliability so they stand behind them with a strong limited warranty. (Extended warranty sold separately.)
Aluminum Enclosure – Aluminum enclosures provide enhanced durability, and are corrosion resistant – ideal for homes located in coastal and salt-air environments.
Quiet-Test – All backup generators run a weekly test to ensure the system is running properly. Thanks to Quiet-Test, your Protector Series home generator runs its self-test at a lower, quieter RPM, which can be programmed to run weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly.
Mobile Link Remote Monitoring – Mobile Link is the cellular remote monitoring system from Generac that allows you to check your generator’s status from anywhere in the world using your computer, tablet or smartphone. (Mobile Link Monitor is sold separately.)
Additional Features – Improved stub ups and electrical connection access decrease installation costs. All connections are dual conductor rated, and the implementation of quick connects for the control wires, completely eliminates the need for crimping or lugging. Improved customer connection access, which decreases installation costs.